heybabyshop basket heybabyshop delivery heybabyshop logon heybabyshop register Image Map

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Monday 4 April 2011

Quality, not quantity.


A friend of ours has just popped round with a few more 'hand me down' clothes for our daughter. There is something very satisfying about re-using items that other people have finished with and are generous enough to pass on. The clothing was returned in a bag made from an old duvet cover I could not bear to throw out despite the fact my washing machine had ruined it. (Thank you Nana Pat!)

People often comment that I must have so much fun dressing my kids when I have a shop full of clothes to choose from for them. The truth is, I do, but the real pleasure is knowing that by mixing new and second hand clothing, I can afford for my kids to look nice without compromising my principles. We, in turn, pass clothes back to friends and family when our children have outgrown them.

As a retailer, this may sound like crazy advice but I would like to see all parents passing used clothing on, and when they need to buy new, choosing carefully and paying a fair price for what they need. In fact, if you buy quality, well made clothing, the chances are it will last a lot longer anyway. Everyone is a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment