heybabyshop basket heybabyshop delivery heybabyshop logon heybabyshop register Image Map

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Waste free lunches

Waste free lunches

I hate to say it but my thoughts are starting to turn to that 'back to school' preparation. With our youngest about to start school and my husband now working in an office away from home we will find ourselves making 5 lunches some days.

I had a purge on plastic about a year ago, we don't buy cling film anymore and replaced our lunchboxes with Lunchbots. My next obsession is trying to find an alternative to disposable wrap for sandwiches/cakes etc. We have substituted cling film for greaseproof paper or paper bags but if we get through 5 a day that is a lot of waste! So, I am thinking what the alternatives might be?  

I have had a look online and found companies that make a reusable sandwich wrap, which usually consists of a large square of fabric, waterproof/wipe clean on one side with a velcro type adjustable fastening. I reckon I could make my own. I am going to do some fabric research because I want them to be plastic free, wipe clean and machine washable.

I am hoping the inner glow I feel when I don't have to throw away 5 paper bags or 5 lots of greaseproof will be worth the investment!  So, if you have made a reusable sandwich wrap or have any inspiration please let me know. In return I will keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment