heybabyshop basket heybabyshop delivery heybabyshop logon heybabyshop register Image Map

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Work can wait!

I have to admit that a few weeks ago I was dreading the Summer holidays. This is most unlike me. I normally look forward with anticipation to having time to spend with my 3 children, catching up with friends (mine and theirs) and a break from the old routine. 

However, this year all the rain combined with the fact that I am a self employed mum running my own business (often from home) I was a little anxious about how we were going to get through it without falling out...more than a few times!!

2 weeks into the holidays and I have to say my fears were unfounded, so far! Our saving grace has been that the rain has stopped. That and the fact that I managed to find a holiday club with an interesting and varied programme of activities that they were all happy to go to once a week.

We have managed days on the beach, Olympic activities, time with family, a camping trip, horse riding, swimming and cinema. We have had friends to play and this evening we are packing for a few days away. 

But what I have remembered over the last 2 weeks is that what I love most about the holidays is the lack of routine. Its the ability to ignore the rules without suffering the consequences. Being able to say 'yes' to their 'can we.....' more often. The time to let them get bored and find them 10 minutes later engrossed in den building, or a game of make believe, or a board game that has not been out of the cupboard for months.

Don't get me wrong, it is not all sweetness and light in our house. The boys have discovered that they like to argue, much to my annoyance, and the long days out have been followed by late nights at work. The lack of Blog posts will give you some idea of the lack of work time!

In 4 weeks they will all be back at school, our youngest starts in reception this year and for the first time in 13 years I will be with out a little one at home during the day.

Work can wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment