heybabyshop basket heybabyshop delivery heybabyshop logon heybabyshop register Image Map

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Monday 3 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas...22 days to go!

Make the Mincemeat




A delicious reminder that Christmas is on the way, the humble mince pie.

They appear in the shops as early as the beginning of November and I have heard people comment that they have had enough before December arrives.

For me, the mince pie is one of those things that is definitely better home made. I make my mincemeat every other year and then use half and store half for the following Christmas.

The recipe I use is Delia Smith's Homemade Christmas Mincemeat. I find it has a great depth of flavour with plenty of fruit and is not too sweet. Perfect!

I have used it to make traditional mince pies with short crust pastry, mincemeat swirls made with puff pastry and even a mincemeat cheesecake (a great alternative to Christmas Pudding).

If you love mince pies, have a go at making your own, you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment