heybabyshop basket heybabyshop delivery heybabyshop logon heybabyshop register Image Map

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Monday 25 July 2011

That's Not Fair!


I have just been looking at school uniform for when the boys go back to school in September. I was amazed at just how cheap some school uniform is these days. It made me think how on earth the suppliers of cheap school uniform can make it for the prices they are offering. I found packs of 3 shirts for £3.00, 3 polo shirts for £2.75 and trousers from £3.00 a pair.

As a mum of three I am keen to save money where I can but on the other hand, I don't want to send my kids off to school in uniform made by kids who will never have the opportunity to go to school.

I felt much happier when, after some searching, I found school uniform with the Fairtrade mark.
Having looked at the Fairtrade foundation and what it does, I would urge you to do the same (go on, take some time to read all about the greatthings they do) and wherever possible, buy Fairtrade.

Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world. It gives people a fair chance to sell their products at a fair price. For a small percentage on the price of many everyday products, you can help provide safe, sustainable employment for people in developing countries. What a great lesson to teach your kids before they even go back to school in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment