heybabyshop basket heybabyshop delivery heybabyshop logon heybabyshop register Image Map

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Halloween fun

Excitement is building in our house as we get close to Halloween. I don't remember it being a big deal when we were children, we used to do a bit of apple bobbing and maybe dress up for a social event but that was about it.

The big thing in our house is the pumpkin carving. We have gone from one pumpkin for the family, to one for each of the children (making 3) and this year my husband came home with one for me....?! The kids get their increasingly elaborate designs down on paper and then when they are happy, daddy, rather too readily in my opinion, carves the design into their pumpkins (couldn't possibly let the kids have a sharp knife etc etc) I think the 4th pumpkin was for him really!

Four pumpkins to be hollowed out is going to leave us with a lot of pumpkin flesh which I can't bear to throw out. I am going to try using our favourite carrot cake recipe and substitute the carrots with pumpkin. I will let you know how it goes!

If anyone has any good tips for using up spare pumpkin flesh we would love to know....

No comments:

Post a Comment