heybabyshop basket heybabyshop delivery heybabyshop logon heybabyshop register Image Map

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Monday 28 November 2011

Advent

I am writing this in between Advent assembly at school and popping into town to find items to fill the advent calendars. December does this to me every year. I refuse to think about Christmas too early because I like it to be confined to December, it makes it more exciting as far as I am concerned. However, every year I get caught out with filling the advent calendars. We have 3 children and they each have a fabric advent calendar with 25 pockets....that makes 75 little pressies that need to be thought of (the hard part) and then bought/made and wrapped. All this while the usual Christmas chaos and excitement ensues. Christmas plays, Christmas baking, Christmas concerts, Carol services, social gatherings, writing cards, baking, shopping, wrapping, Christmas decs, Christmas Tree....the list goes on, the excitement builds!

Luckily for me, I discovered that Dorchester Chocolates make the most beautiful Christmas Chocolate 'slims' which are gorgeously wrapped and fit beautifully into the pockets on the advent calendars, so that cuts my work in half as they have these on alternate days. I usually fill the rest with stickers, pencils, hair slides etc. It is a lovely part of the countdown to Christmas that we all enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment