heybabyshop basket heybabyshop delivery heybabyshop logon heybabyshop register Image Map

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Welcome To Hey Baby Shop Blog

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Get out of town!

I am often asked if I would consider moving the shop (currently run from Poundbury, a development about a mile out of town) into the town centre. The truth is that when I started looking for a premises, 10 years ago, I started my search in the town centre. After months of looking and not being able to find the right place, I was persuaded to look in the relatively new development of Poundbury.

I was almost immediately convinced that this was a better option for my business. Being a baby shop, access and level floors were really important. In town this is hard to find as a lot of the retail spaces are in very old buildings. I also needed to consider the lease, and being a new business I was nervous about committing to a long term. My landlords were flexible on this and made it relatively easy for me to get up and running.

We have been in our current location for 10 years now and we are very happy with it. There is free parking right outside, the roads are not too busy so families do not need to worry about crossing roads etc. There are a choice of nice cafes, several play areas and lots of community events (including a Friday morning toddler group) run from the Brownsword Hall right opposite.

Best of all, we are in good company! There are now a multitude of businesses running from Poundbury, ranging from an award winning florist, several gift shops, a couple of ladies clothes shops and a great garden centre to a chocolate factory (yes a real one!) and the mighty Dorset Cereals. We will soon have our own Little Waitrose too....handy for milk on the way home!

If you fancy doing your Christmas shopping somewhere a little more relaxed, take a trip to Poundbury, grab yourself a Poundbury Business Map and spend a day exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment